Seger Dog Park Elections 2013
· Do you and your dog enjoy spending time at the dog park?
· Do you have great ideas to help make the park a better space?
· Would you like to get more involved?
Now is the time to join!!
You can nominate yourself or someone you know who would be a great representative for the park. Below is a list of the available positions and a brief description of each. If interested please send an email to email@example.com with your name, email, phone number, dog’s name, and a brief bio that will be used for elections.
1. President: This individual will create agendas for board meetings, run the meetings and ensure the park is operating smoothly. They are also responsible for coordinating everyone and making sure tasks are done in a timely manner. The President answers any questions from park members via the firstname.lastname@example.org account. Lastly, they are ultimately in charge of fundraising efforts along with the fundraising chair.
President: This person will work together with the President to ensure the
park is running properly. They are also in charge of organizing park maintenance days and gathering volunteers to help. They will manage the efforts of the other committees and in case the President is unable to fulfill their duties the Vice President will take over as President.
3. Treasurer: This individual is responsible for managing all the dog park funds. This includes checking the accounts regularly, organizing and keeping all receipts associated with the park, and ensuring to pay all bills in a timely manner and submitting tax forms.
4. Secretary: This individual will be in charge of taking notes at board meetings and distributing them to the board afterwards. They will also be responsible for updating the dog park website.
5. Program/Event Chair: This individual will be responsible for planning programs and events for the park. This includes the halloween contest, training courses at the park, and other fun activities.
6. Fundraising Chair: This individual is responsible for planning and running all fundraising events for the dog park. This includes any bake sales, silent auctions, and contacting local business for advertising space at the dog park.
7. Social Media Chair: This person will be responsible for updating the facebook and twitter accounts with up to date information about the park. This includes posting any events, pictures, etc. which will help keep all members and the community informed about the park.
8. Membership Chair: This individual will be updating the membership spreadsheet and sending out email reminders when yearly memberships have ended.
9. Legal Advisor: This person will be our advisor in the case the dog park encounters any legal problems.
We will be taking nominations until Sunday November 10th.
Dog Park Members and Guests,
Make sure to check your email for our fundraiser reminders! We have had some instances of the emails going into the "Promotions" folder in GMail. You can find out everything you need to know on our events page as well.
Location: Smokin' Betty's
Time: Thursday October 17th, 6-10pm
We have great silent auction items and food and drink specials!
Looking forward to seeing everyone soon,
Dear Park Members,
We have had a number of recent comments regarding the park and I would like to give everyone a little more information about what is going on behind the scenes:
1. We are working on a new surface option as the current mulch is not working. We are in the process of evaluating options and will let the community know what we decide on however we are leaning towards K9 Grass as is installed in other parks in the city.
2. We are working with the city to expand the park to the tennis court wall. This section will become the small dog park and the current small dog park will be incorporated back into the rest of the park. We have a landscape architecture student from Temple that has graciously volunteered her time to draw up formal plans etc. so that we may move quickly with the city.
3. The bulletin board fundraising goal of $20,000 by December 31st is to fund both of these projects! We are looking to resurface the park as Stage 1 and expand it as Stage 2 as the expansion will take more time due to the city's approval process.
Please keep checking the bulletin board in the park and the website for the most up to date information and the drawings and plans when we have them!
As many of you have expressed frustration at the inaccessibility of the previous website, the Board has taken it upon ourselves to provide you with a new and improved venue for information, questions, comments and concerns. Please take a few minutes to look around and let us know what you think!
Emily Forsyth & Noelle Allen,
Presid ents of the Board